Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in L'Impatiente

L'Impatiente is described as a "deep red black" shade that is limited edition for Chanel's Holiday collection. I am all for vampy colors for fall and winter and I am so glad I got around to being confident with them. I used to go for nude lips everyday, but now I totally abandon all my nude lipsticks! Vampy lipsticks are just so much more adventurous and fun, don't you think?



I was kind of hesitant to purchase this shade in the first place because from seeing the tube, it looked very similar to my limited edition RAV La Provocante from the Fashion Night Out Twin Sets collection. So when I came into the Chanel at my local Bloomingdale's, I made sure I carried that lipstick with me in my purse to compare the two.

They are similar in hue, but L'Impatiente is definitely a tad redder and definitely lighter than La Provocante. This does apply with a medium coverage with one layer, but it is buildable if you want to make it more opaque. MAC Media l/s, OCC Black Dahlia liptar and MAC Dramatic Encounter l/s are all in the same color family, so this is definitely not the product you can't live without. MAC Currant lipliner could also be a very viable option for you if you don't have the Chanel budget.

What I love about the Rouge Allure formula is its longevity on my lips, most especially with the Rouge Allure Velvets because these lipsticks are matte. RAVs apply on pretty opaque with the first swipe and don't make my lips uncomfortable. This is the particular reason why I would spend the extra $15-20 on a dupeable lipstick.

What bothers me with the RAV formula, however, is how this lipstick can really accentuate the imperfections on your lips (like how you see on my ugly lip swatches), so you have to make sure you exfoliate before you apply this. I don't know how this is with lighter shades of RAV, but with the darker shades I have, this is what happens. As well, it tends to settle into the lines if you don't apply evenly. Another way to apply this (especially if you're not bold enough to rock vampy lips) is to pat the product on your lips for a slight wash of the color without it showing your lip imperfections. It's a tricky product to work with, but it's definitely amazing when applied correctly.






This lipstick retails for $32.50 and can be found at any Chanel cosmetic counters and boutiques.

4 comments:

  1. this is such a gorgeous color !

    xx Liyana
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    PS : just want to let you know that i'm having a MAC giveaway to celebrate my first month of blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooooow amazing color!! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! ooh nice! checking it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. why thank you! yes it's a nice vampy shade!

    ReplyDelete